We invite you to visit our practice with confidence knowing that your safety remains our top priority. Our team has completed additional training to ensure our processes meet or exceed sanitation and sterilization standards of care, and we have elevated our infection control procedures in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines to protect you and our team. Here are some things you can expect when you visit our practice:
1. Elevated infection control standards including the thorough sterilization and disinfection of our pre-test and exam rooms and instruments between each patient. Eye wear will be disinfected after each try on.
2. Preemptive screenings – All patients will be asked to complete additional screening questions and have temperatures taken upon arrival. All staff members will have daily temperature and symptom checks upon arriving for work.
3. Advance check-in – To cut down on appointment time in the office, all patients will be asked to complete their patient history forms and insurance information through our secure patient portal online prior to visiting the office.
4. Entrance by appointments only – We are only allowing entrance to patrons with appointments for examinations, pick ups or glasses purchasing. It is important that appropriate steps are taken to minimize the number of people in our office and complete specific screening steps prior to entering, in accordance with CDC, city and OSHA regulations.
5. Continued social distancing practices – We have stream-lined our appointments to cut down on wait times in the office and we have scheduled appointments further apart to support optimal social distancing standards. Companions of patients not needed for mobility or interpretation will be asked to wait outside the office during the patient’s appointment. Only one parent/guardian will be allowed to accompany a minor.
6. Contact-less pickups – All patients have the option of scheduling a curbside and contact-less pick up of their glasses or contacts when requested.
7. Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols including hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, masks, face shields, eye wear), respiratory hygiene, sharps safety (when applicable), sterile instruments and devices, and clean and disinfected environmental surfaces and common areas.
8. Patients and staff are required to wear a mask for the duration of their time in our office.